Monday, January 14, 2013

Alarm Clock

I think that (dedicated) alarm clocks are more or less dead and obsolete now. Everyone relies on their cellphones and (digital) wrist watches for alarms. And more or less everyone is pretty happy with their alarms. I feel there needs to be an additional feature to the exiting Alarm apps in the cell phones these days.

It needs to have a 'Date' field as well. This is how this will be helpful - if I know that on Saturday (not tomorrow) I have to wake up at 6 in the morning, but I do not want to wait till the night before on Friday night to remind myself to set an alarm for Saturday morning. With a date field, I can set an alarm for a date in the future with a time I know I have to wake up.

Even if for some reason, adding a date is an issue - just a 'Day of Week' + Time will be helpful to so many people who know their weekly schedule. That way they can set alarms (if needed) for all 7 days at the start of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Basically, you are saying combine the "Reminders" and "Alarm Clocks" on the cell phone. Not many cell phones have reminders, unlike iphone, so they could combine the two. Good point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting idea to solve an issue. My cellphone does that. Remind me to show it to you next time. It is useful but I need to be careful not to mix the dates and end up waking up on Sunday instead if Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often wondered about that too. Why don't they combine the 'Reminders' feature with the 'Alarm'. I normally ignore 'Reminders' 'cuz I have way too many of them but its hard to ignore the non-stop beeping of an Alarm. :)

    ReplyDelete