Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Adjustable Brake and Acceleration Pedals.

We just came back from a nice weekend in Lassen Volcanic National Forest. And I drove the ugliest rental car in the history of rental cars - Chevy HHR. Its not only ugly from the outside, its uncomfortable for anyone and everyone from inside too.

Anyhoo.... The biggest problem I had was, as you can guess already, the pedals. The brake pedal was so awkwardly placed that I could not keep my heel on the (car) floor and my toes on the pedal at the same time. And as we were driving hills most of the time, my foot was awkwardly hanging all the time. If I were in flip-flops, it was even worse.

So, my question is: Why do we have adjustable car seats, adjustable steering wheels, adjustable rear-view mirrors even adjustable hand/arm-rests - but not adjustable car pedals? I would really love to adjust that brake pedal an inch towards my foot on the ugly Chevy HHR.

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUCHI... :)

3 comments:

  1. That is indeed a very good idea. I know how uncomfy it was for you. Can you file a patent for that if it does not already exist?
    Thanks for the wishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol amazing idea. You know my floor mats in my car interfere with the acceleration pedal in my car and I sometimes hoped there was a solution to maybe move my acceleration pedal a little.

    ReplyDelete