Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Darwin, Evolution and other Species.

We have all, more or less, read the evolution theory. And how the Survival of the Fittest helps evolve a particular species over generations.

What I would like to know is how come humans evolved at such a rapid pace than any other species. The counter argument might be how do we know that all species started at the same 'level' before evolving over years and years.

Well, I base my question purely based on a non-religious origin of mankind. I base it on the big bang theory and the fact that all species essentially originated from algae.

So my question is why are humans like a 10 on an evolution scale of 1-10, and other species are no where close to maybe even a 3 or 4 out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. Survival of the species is different from technological advances. Would you say that the honeybadger is any less suited to survive? Or the shark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. against humans? Definitively. In a battle of Survival, Humans have the skill to kill sharks and/or honeybadgers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would attribute this to genes and usage of brains. Humans kept using their brains over years and kept developing faster than other species.
    Well, we know from the movie, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," that humans can help fasten the evolution of other species ;-)

    ReplyDelete