Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick connect phone to computer

How many times have I wished I had this feature in all of my previous smart phones? A gazillion times in the last 7 odd years I've had smart phones. I thought some phone maker will come up with this, but nothing.

So many times, I am in front of the computer and I get a call on my cell phone. At that moment, I just wish I can 'move the call to my PC'. The connectivity is there. The USB cable for my iPhone can connect and send the audio out/in directly to the PC. Heck, forget USB - both my PC and iphone are wifi capable, and are bluetooth capable.

On the same lines - if I have to use any apps on my phone, why cannot I just get an interface (itunes feature???) where I can see and click/touch the phone screen from my PC. How difficult is that? e.g. Finding Happy hours in Sacramento using the 'Happy Hours' iPhone app. :)

Still nothing much I can do to control apps from my phone.

Or send text from a full PC keyboard than the tiny QWERTY phone keyboard (without using a third party app like google voice that buffers and potentially reads my SMS).

In a nutshell, I feel there is definitely a need of a 'Quick Connect' feature in all smartphones that lets you control anything and everything that you can control from the phone itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment